Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Color Club Halo Hues Harp on It!


When I caught wind of the Halo Hues polishes from Color Club, I was in hot persuit of these! I said "Meh" to the rumored $10 price tag... they gave me a fond shimmer of nostalgia for the Sally Hansen Nail Prisms. I remember having the "Diamond" one... so of course when I spotted "Harp on It" in the display @ Beauty Plus Salon for a whopping $4.95... I died a little happy death, and skipped to the counter to pay for it.

I've seen it swatched next to the Sally Hansen "Diamond" one and it appears to be a brighter more intense holograph.

  I started with a coat of Orly Bonder, then two coats (though one would be sufficient) of Harp on It, and topped it with one coat of Orly Wont Chip. 

 
 The formulation is good, pretty average. Very easy to apply color, hypothetically it goes with everything, and anything since it's a rainbow holograph. (I'm kidding, but that was my rationale for buying it!) 

In some lights it looks sort of like a boring silver glitter polish, but in lower lights, I find it looks absolutely amazing.

This is a great addition to any polish lovers collection, young or old. 
If you can score one at the Beauty Plus Salon price, I'd say get one, or get one of the many other slightly tinted ones in the Halo Hues collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment